Sunday, September 21, 2008

Night after Night....

The night is an excuse
The darkness is a ploy
Sleep is a passage to the escape of dreams.

You know what you see
You remember it all
As I wait for you, in the shadows of the moon.

And I stand watching....
And hope anchors me on
That written in the blowing wind, is the purpose for us to meet.

Out here, I'm fully aware
Out here, you're really here
While back in two different worlds, our eyes lay closed, our bodies supine.

How can I not call out to you now?
How can you not hear my cry?
While in my pitiful ignorance, your own call to me brushes by.

Sin, it is to want so much more.
Sin it is, to not realize that fulfillment.
Forgiveness, to us, will happen after many more mornings to come.

How, until then we will sleep....
How we will moan in our different worlds.
Even as in our common world we seek what we want to find.

Now it may be happiness we want...
Now and again it may be something we will never know
Is it something from each other we seek, or is it just ourselves?

You feel a tear in the morning.
You don't know that I feel two.
Rudely pulled back into lucidity, we wait, but separately for our excuses.

I still do not find you, night after night.
I softly depart from where I last was, just out of your sight.
I will wake up morning after morning
I would have lost you all over again.
I tread through my day and wait for the dark.
I know I've waited for another night of pain.
Do I seek you, to seek joy, or
Do I relentlessly pursue joy to see you?

But , oh why,
Do I
or You
or the Night
or the Moon
not revel in the truth?

We share one Dream.

No comments: