Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Say it with flowers

The whole train of thought started with s statement I overheard "If you are really so sorry, and if you love me so much, why cant you do something small, like just give me flowers?"

Get this for a famous Chinese Proverb: When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other.
or
God loved the flowers and invented soil. Man loved the flowers and invented vases - Jacques Deval.

Flowers-another area where different people have phenomenally varying views. Some of us may hate to pluck or even touch them, some of us get into relationships to have bunches of them given to us, others like me look for occasions when I can buy flowers and give them out. They are great to brighten a room, for an "exotic" hairdo, to decorate clothes, wedding venues, food, and to play "he loves me, he loves me not".

I was randomly browsing through a social networking website. A friend of my friend put it very very succinctly: "From my relationships, I have learned that flowers are not a waste of money". There you go. Wish this common wisdom was imparted to men from the age of 5, and women from the age of 35. From a simple "I'm sorry for your loss, I'm sorry I was being rude, I love you, Can we be friends?", the list is endless.But its simple. The beauty of a flower or flowers, they say what you want to. And what you cannot articulate, they do that for you, no matter what the situation may be.

In the days of hook-ups at bars, and rehashing of pick-up lines found over the internet, flowers seem to be a direct connection to the days of innocent, clean emotions. So if a picture is worth a thousand words, I guess flowers must be worth over a million.

No comments: